Tolland was named “37th Best Small Town to Live in America” by Money Magazine in 2011.
Size and Population
Tolland covers an area of 41 square miles and about 16,000 people call the town home.
Incorporated as Connecticut’s 49th town in May 1722
Birch Grove Primary School
247 Rhodes Road, Tolland CT
Main Office: (860) 870- 6750 (Menu 1)
Tolland Intermediate School
96 Old Post Road, Tolland CT
Main Office: (860) 870-6885
Tolland Middle School
1 Falcon Way, Tolland CT
Main Office: (860) 870-5737
Tolland High School
1 Eagle Hill, Tolland, CT
Main Office: (860) 870-6818
· Daniel C. Burbank (1961–), NASA astronaut was raised in town and graduated Tolland High School.
· Henry D. Cogswell (1820–1900), dentist and a crusader in the temperance movement was born in Tolland.
· William W. Eaton (1816–1898), US Congressman and US Senator was born in and was a resident of Tolland.
· Jonathan Hatch Hubbard (1768–1849), US Congressman for Vermont was a born in Tolland.
· Charles R. Ladd (1822–1903), lawyer, politician and Massachusetts Auditor was born in Tolland.
· David Passaro (1966–), CIA contractor and former US Army Ranger graduated from Tolland High School.
· Shubal Stearns (1706–1771), evangelist, preacher of the Separate Baptists was a resident.
· James Stevenson (1981–), actor grew up in Tolland.
· Loren P. Waldo (1802–1881), lawyer and US Congressman was a resident.
· Nancy Wyman, Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut and former State Comptroller
>>Official Website, Town of Tolland, CT
>>Tolland Video Highlights: Real Estate and Relocation
>>New Resident Information
Found something you love? Save your favorite Tolland real estate when you register with us today, and you can receive updates when similar properties are posted. If you already have an account with us, sign in here.
Contact us to learn more about our listings and to schedule a showing.