Fun fact: Storrs was named as “America’s Best Place to Avoid Death Due to Natural Disaster by Slate Magazine in 2005.
Size & Population
Storrs is a 5.7 square mile community whose population of 18,000 residents increases towards 30,000 during the school year!
- County: Eastern Tolland County
Dorothy C. Goodwin Elementary School (Grades Pre-K to 4th)
321 Hunting Lodge Road, Storrs, CT 06268
Main Office: (860) 429-6316
Goodwin Elementary School Website.
Mansfield Middle School (Grades 5 – 8)
205 Spring Hill Road, Storrs, CT 06268
Main Office: (860) 429-9341
Mansfield Middle School Website.
E.O. Smith High School (Grades 9 – 12th)
1235 Storrs Rd, Mansfield, CT
Main Office: (860) 487-0877
E.O. Smith Website.
· Wally Lamb, best-selling author
· Tim Page, Pulitzer-Prize winning music critic
· Rivers Cuomo, lead singer/guitarist of the alternative rock band Weezer, grew up in Storrs and attended E.O. Smith High School
· Peter Tork of The Monkees attended E.O. Smith High School, he was class of 1959 and made the class of 2005 commencement speech
· Wendy O. Williams, lead singer for the 1970s and 1980s punk rock band the Plasmatics, lived in town from 1991 until her death in 1998
· Samuel Pickering, Professor at the University of Connecticut, inspiration for the character Mr. Keating in the Academy Award winning film The Dead Poets Society.
Glen Ridge (55+ community)
Crystal Springs Farm
The Courtyard at Storrs
White Oak Condominiums
>>Official Town Website
>>New Resident Guides
Found something you love? Save your favorite Storrs real estate when you register with us today, and you can receive updates when similar properties are posted. If you already have an account with us, sign in here.
Contact us to learn more about our listings and to schedule a showing.